Key Chorale Student Scholar Program
Key Chorale Student Scholar Program is a music-in-education outreach program for qualified high school choral members from Sarasota and Manatee County high schools who sing with Key Chorale during its performance season. This experience is designed for students with an exceptional aptitude for music, who plan to further their musical studies after high school.
- Student participation in rehearsals and performances of 4 major programs with professional orchestra and world-class soloists
- Exposure to music styles from Classical Masterworks to Contemporary to the Circus!
- Opportunity to rehearse and perform under the baton of our professional conductor
- Opportunity to take vocal lessons from an approved professional voice teacher (up to seven 30 or 60 minute lessons)
- Coaching by our professionals on the business side of music, including audition coaching, resume writing, appearance, preparation, etc.
- Workshops and master classes on topics relevant to preparing high school students for college level music school enrollment and success
- Required minimum high school GPA of 3.0 to encourage academic commitment along with musical commitment
- Student Scholars are recommended by their choir director and selected through competitive auditions
- Inspire a lifelong love and even career in vocal music
- Build good citizens as well as good musicians
- Provide tools and experiences beyond the scope of what public school music programs can offer
“The collaboration between Maestro Caulkins and the Key Chorale with the Sarasota County schools is a unique and valuable resource. It is a relationship that fosters excellence and builds a connection that enables choir members from both groups and the community to experience a love of the many aspects of choral music. From the annual “Tomorrow Voices Today” festival to Cirque des Voix, the relationship is masterfully coordinated and motivated by Maestro Caulkins. He genuinely supports and encourages the high school directors in their individual choral programs and brings the groups together to provide unique musical experiences.”
Kirby Sanders, Sarasota High School Choral Director
If you would like to make a donation to our Student Scholar Program please click here
2018-2019 Key Chorale Student Scholars
Alexis Fretz – Booker High School
Carmen Lesser – Booker High School
Zion Thompson – Booker High School
Aleah Williams – Booker High School
Ronald Penkian – Riverview High School
Thomas Thai – Riverview High School
Gabe Welch – Riverview High School
Tiana Stojicevic – Riverview High School
Keaton Smith – Sarasota High School
Dahlia Martinez – Venice High School
Katelyn Reinschmidt – Venice High School
Jillian Steffens – Venice High School
“Being in Key Chorale has given me so much opportunity for individual growth in my singing, as well as the ability to interact with others at various points in their musical lives. These experiences give me knowledge I can pass on to the students I work with in my school choir, where I am an active leader.”
Madison Martin, Key Chorale Student Scholar
If you are a student in the Sarasota or Manatee County school districts and would like more information about applying, please email Education Committee Chair, Bob Wennberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.