Key Chorale Student Scholars Program
Key Chorale Student Scholars Program is a music-in-education outreach program for qualified high school choral members from Sarasota and Manatee County high schools who sing with Key Chorale during its performance season. This experience is designed for students with an exceptional aptitude for music, who plan to further their musical studies after high school.
- Student participation in rehearsals and performances of 4 major programs with professional orchestra and world-class soloists
- Exposure to music styles from Classical Masterworks to Contemporary to the Circus!
- Opportunity to rehearse and perform under the baton of our professional conductor
- Opportunity to engage in vocal lessons at SCF (up to seven 30 or 60 minute lessons) at no cost to student
- Coaching by our professionals on the business side of music, including audition coaching, resume writing, appearance, preparation, etc.
- Workshops and master classes on topics relevant to preparing high school students for college level music school enrollment and success
- Require minimum high school GPA of 3.0 [in music and art subjects?] (varies based on each school’s grading system) to encourage academic commitment along with their musical commitment
- Student Scholars would be recommended for this program by their vocal music instructor and selected through competitive auditions.
- Inspire a lifelong love and even career in vocal music
- Build good citizens as well as good musicians
- Provide tools and experiences beyond the scope of what public school music programs can offer
2017-2018 Key Chorale Student Scholars
Jillian Steffens – Venice High School
Mae Davis – Sarasota High School
Madison Martin – Riverview High School
Tiana Stojicevic – Riverview High School
If you would like to make a donation to our Student Scholars Program please click here
If you are a student in the Sarasota or Manatee County school districts and would like more information about applying for the 2018-2019 season please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.